Set an appointment with TERRI HUNT for a FREE MARKET ANALYSISMeet With Terri to go…
As a homeowner, you can play an important part in the timely sale of your property. When you take the following
steps, you’ll help Terri sell your home faster, at the best possible price.
Terri will walk through your home, room by room and give you additional tips and suggestions. Terri and her Team
also work with home stagers and interior designers as needed. Below is a list of some general staging tips:
- Make the Most of that First Impression -A well-manicured lawn, neatly trimmed shrubs and a clutter-free porch welcome prospects. So does a freshly painted, or at least freshly scrubbed, front door. If it’s autumn, rake the leaves. If it’s winter, shovel the walkways.
- Invest a Few Hours for Future Return -Clean up in the living room, the bathroom, and the kitchen. If your woodwork is scuffed or the paint is fading, consider some minor redecoration. Prospects would rather see how great your home really looks than hear how great it could look, “with a little work.”
- Check Faucets and Bulbs – Dripping water rattles the nerves, discolors sinks and suggest faulty or worn-out plumbing. Burned out bulbs leave prospects in the dark. Small problems detract from what’s right with your home.
- Cabinets and Doors – If cabinets or closet doors stick in your home, you can be sure they will also stick in a prospect’s mind.
- Think Safety – Homeowners learn to live with all kinds of self-set booby traps: roller skates on the stairs, extension cords, slippery throw rugs and low hanging overhead lights. Make your residence as safe as possible for uninitiated visitors.
- Make Space – Remember, potential buyers are looking for more than just comfortable living space. They’re looking for storage space, too. Make sure your attic and basement are clean and free of unnecessary items.
- Closets – The better organized a closet, the larger it appears. Now’s the time to box up those unwanted clothes and donate them to charity.
- Make Your Bathrooms Sparkle – Bathrooms sell homes, so let them shine. Check and repair damaged or unsightly caulking in the tubs and showers. For added allure, display your best towels, mats and shower curtains.
- Dream Bedrooms – Wake up prospects to the cozy comforts of your bedrooms. For a spacious look, get rid of excess furniture. Updated bedspreads and window treatments are a must.
- Open up in the Daytime – Let the sun shine in! Pull back your curtains and drapes so prospects can see how bright and cheery your home is.
- Lighting – Turn on the excitement by turning on all your lights, both inside and outside, when showing your home. Lights add color and warmth, and make prospects feel welcome.
- Pets – Dogs and cats are great companions, but not when you’re showing your home. Pets have a talent for getting underfoot. So do everybody a favor … Keep Kitty and Spot outside, or at least out of the way.
- Music – Play some soft music quietly when the home is shown.
- Showing – It’s best not to be home for a showing. If you must, be friendly, but don’t try to force conversation.
Terri and her Team have many more tips and ideas to help sell your home quickly!